Friday, May 16, 2008

I Need A Bigger Garage...

I came across this beauty last fall in one of my work associates apple orchard. I know you're probably thinking...what the heck is it? Well, it's a 70's era International Cub Cadet Harvester.
The story always goes something like this.....It ran when I parked it...
Complete with mower deck, Yummy!
The former owner's son tried tinkering with the carb and gave up. I know this, because it looks like it was left in the dirt for a couple years. For the past two weeks it's been soaking in oil and I have been slowly working all the moving/adjustable parts. It still needs a fuel cup, float, a couple of gaskets, and a stem.

Last night I swapped out the ignition and bolted on the half rebuilt carb. I was itching to crank it over and so with a couple of shots of starting fluid and a quick whiff of ozone, it roared to life. Oh Yeah! I'm currently looking up the needed parts for the carb. I'll keep y'all posted. By the way, the motorized bike works okay for now. I'm looking for the correct belt for the comet torque converter.

1 comment:

Adam - Janet - Owen - Caroline - Howie said...

It's a good thing you and Adam aren't living anywhere near each other or we would BOTH need a bigger garage. He's almost done putting the '66Chevy back together. I'll post pics once it'd done....FINALLY! I'll show Adam your blog...he'll love it. He'll probably get just as many wacky ideas as you. Poor Becky!:-)